From the first Shelby Cobra in 1962, the company planned to offer a competition version of the car. One of the first to race was CSX2128, which was piloted by legends including Dan Gurney, Dave MacDonald, Allen Grant, and Ken Miles. Powered by Ford, the roadsters terrorized rivals from 1963-1965. The small block Cobra roadsters also contributed points toward Shelby’s 1965 FIA World Sports Car Championship. Shelby is still the only American team in history to win that prestigious title. There will only be 15 of these very special cars produced.
This particular car is finished in Dave MacDonald Cotati livery and accurately trimmed to the configuration in which Dave drove CSX2128 to its first win. Just like the 1960s race car, this car features widened front and rear fenders, cut out on driver side door, fully adjustable dampers, period correct 15” six-pin kidney bean wheels, Avon CR6ZZ Tires (225 front and 245 rear). Owners can also choose from a variety of iron or aluminum small block Ford power plants, including a very limited supply of period correct 289 Cubic Inch iron block engines. This car has a very exclusive CSX2704 Shelby Chassis Number for documentation in the official Shelby American Worldwide Registry.
Also included in the purchase of this car is a spectacular limited edition Baume et Mercier Shelby Cobra timepiece with the CSX2704 chassis number engraved on the back.
· High-strength hand laid fiberglass composite.
· Show quality paint in Black with Jasmine Yellow ID Stripes.
· 3rd Hood Latch.
· Front and Rear Brake Ducts/Scoops.
· Front Fender Spats and Widened Rear Fender Flares.
· FIA Style Fuel Filler Cap with Base.
· Race Correct Early Cobra Badges.
· Hood Scoop with Rivets.
· Bungee Cord Washers for Trunk.
· Front Bull Bar.
· Extra Rear Red Reflectors.
· Passenger side Roundel Light.
· Racing Windscreen.
· Ceramic Coated Exhaust System.
· Black Quick Jacks.
· Original Kidney Bean Style Aluminum 15” Pin Drive wheels.
· Full Leather Interior with Black Carpet and Black Door Map Pockets.
· Polished Stainless Steel Roll Bar.
· Period Correct Dash Layout Specific to Dave MacDonald.
· Grab Handle.
· Non-Adjustable Foot Box Vents.
· 3-Way Fuel Transfer Valve.
· Push Button Start.
· Price shown includes Shelby Engine Company All Aluminum 364 CID Engine with Weber Carburetors (500HP).
· Tremec TKO600 5 Speed Transmission.
· Limited Edition Baume et Mercier Cobra Timepiece with Chassis Number Engraved on Back.
· Exclusive Shelby CSX2704 sequence number for documentation in the official Shelby American World Registry.
Complete Price for Dave MacDonald 289 Sebring Complete Race Car, CSX2704: $196,820
***Stock photo, for reference only.